Setorii Pond: A Woman with a Car Mission
Setorii Pond, fashion designer and car lover, is the grand daughter of Robert Pond who put together one of the Southland's most unique collections.
By Amy Sommer | June 08, 2011
Setorii Pond in one of the cars in the Pond Collection
Southern California is a car culture and whether we’re behind the wheel of a mom mobile or a racy red midlife crisis, our cars define us. Now, thanks to The Pond Collection, there is another venue where one can safely indulge one’s car lust.
Whether online (at www.thepondcollection.com
) or at its Palm Springs home, by invitation only, car lovers will find some of the best things on four wheels that have been produced.
Setorii Pond, the fashion designer and car-loving granddaughter of Robert Pond who started the collection, grew up with the cars. “Some of my happiest childhood memories are of going to car shows and with my grandparents,” says Pond.
Here she shares with Westside Today some of the best things about spending a significant part of her youth with her car crazed grandparents, Robert and Jo Pond.
1. My Grandparents and I collected the cars together as a family; each car has a fun, heartfelt and unique story all its own.
2. Some of my favorite cars are the Ferrari 250 TR, Austin Martin AR1, Tucker, and Jaguar XJ13, which are in the collection.
3. Every automotive collection has it's own "je ne sais quoi". The Pond collection is unique because it contains examples from throughout automotive history and so there is something for everyone from the car novice to the connoisseur.
4. I hope to become a strong voice in both the automotive world and fashion industry. My first fashion collection, which consists of dresses, gowns and caftans, was inspired by our car collection. As of now, the line is true couture, hand crafted, custom, and available by commission only. I'm currently in the process of producing my first ready-to-wear line that will be available in select stores and showrooms. Keep updated at www.Setorii.com
5. I am in the midst of putting together a coffee table book that will include beautiful photographs of the car collection, my fashions and the beautiful models with whom I collaborate.
6. Women are an untapped market in the car industry. Personally, I feel there is just about nothing sexier than a woman who knows how to really [maybe even adventurously] drive a car… add a race, exotic or vintage car to that vision and you have a truly hot image! I believe that The Pond Collection is a step toward bridging this gap and hope that as many women as men will come and see the collection either in person or online.
No comments have been provided.